COVID-SAFETY PROTOCOLS – Initial Communication
You know how much fun camp can be – but did you know that camp is much more than just fun?
INITIAL COVID-SAFETY PROTOCOLS
This is the first of several planned COVID-safety communications with you, our camp family. This message allows us to share our initial COVID-Safety Protocols (CSPs) for this summer:
- Reducing the total number of campers and staff at camp each session to the current state capacity restriction of 75%. This reduction allows for greater space between one another when gathered inside for meals or other activities.
- Capitalizing on our outdoor facilities and moving more classes, activities, and meals to outside spaces. Wednesday Night Cookouts are many campers’ favorite meals – with additional covered picnic tables we will be able to offer more opportunities to eat outside rain or shine.
- Proper masking will be enforced this summer. Shown to be the most effective way to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we will adhere to clear masking protocols. Specifics expectations will be included in later communications – along with some pretty cool designs for Camp Abnaki masks and gaiters that will be available in the Camp Store.
- Engaging others in our community from a distance. This summer our motto will be “Spread Out to Hang Out.” With camp’s 89 acres, certainly, we can come together, make friends, and have a great time while honoring social-distancing guidelines.
- Handwashing has always been an expectation at camp. This summer, we are holding to the expectation much more intentionally – building additional handwashing stations and assigning cabin groups to specific, supervised stations for washing hands before meals.
These protocols are intentional, yet broad for now and flexible as we move forward, encounter inevitable changes, and are provided additional guidelines from the experts. We hope our initial CSPs offer our families assurance that this summer will be both fun AND safe. Fewer people, outside, masked, social-distanced, and regular handwashing – these proactive steps have been proven extremely effective at mitigating the risk of COVID-19 spread and infection.