Getting Ready for Camp
You are signed up for camp! If this is your first time away from home, you may feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of heading off to camp. This part of the website will help you get ready.
- Give your family and friends the camp address and ask them to send a letter.
1252 Abnaki Road
North Hero, VT 05474
- It can be hard to imagine life without a computer or a cell phone, but don’t worry. Life at camp is full of fun things to do and interesting people to meet, it is pretty easy to do without internet or phone service. Receiving and sending mail at camp is fun and a great way to stay in touch with people from home.
- Think about the things that you will like about camp. Are there new activities that you want to try? Are you excited to learn to sail, make new friends, play capture the flag. Focus on what you are looking forward to about camp.
- Express any concerns that you have to your parents or to the Abnaki staff. We are here to help. If you are concerned about a certain part of camp, let us know.
- Give yourself time to pack so you don’t feel rushed.
2022 Abnaki overnight pack list coming soon. Please reference this packing list when getting ready for overnight camp. There are a few things that you can do to get ready for camp life.